Coming Up With Good Argumentative Essay Topics On Sports
The main thing that you will need to do when writing an argumentative essay is to come up with a good topic to write your paper on. There are many controversial issues when it comes to sports. If you find one that really gets your blood boiling, you have found the right one. The key to writing a good argumentative essay is to choose a controversial topic that you will discuss.
Argumentative essays take a stand on a controversial topic and work to prove it without using an opinion. The essay should be based on facts and not on one’s opinion. This essay will have a key difference from most other essay styles. It will include six paragraphs instead of five paragraphs. It includes an introduction, three main body paragraphs, and a conclusion like the traditional essays but also includes an additional rebuttal paragraph. This is where you will state the opposing view and then refute it directly.
When it comes to choosing a topic for your argumentative essay on sports, you can use these ideas. You will ask yourself the question and then answer it. The answer will choose the side that you will take on the issue and then work towards proving it. If you feel like you sit the fence on an issue, it is probably not a good topic to write about. You want to choose a topic that you feel strongly about so that you are able to write a more effective essay.
- Which team is the best?
- Should steroids be allowed?
- Should fans be allowed to videotape sporting events?
- Should college students be allowed to go pro before graduation?
- Should college students be allowed to accept gifts or money?
- Should colleges give sports scholarships?
- Should professional athletes get paid such high salaries?
- Should instant replays throughout the entire contest?
- Should the three point line be the same for professional and college sports?
- Should sports teams be gender specific?
These topics should give you some idea of what to write your paper on. You can write your paper on any controversial issue no matter what it is. The key is to pick one that you are passionate about and choose one that you have enough evidence to support one way or the other and that is why the controversial issues work so well for this type of paper.