A List Of Unique Argumentative Essay Topics On Civil Rights
Anything that touches on civil rights will always be treated with some kind of trepidation from time to time. There are a lot of arguments that you can present in your work about civil rights, and it is important that you learn how to make them stand out. In most cases, such papers are about oppression and how the masses need to be liberated from the snare of their bosses and leaders. Those who hold higher positions in society will more often than not use their position to infringe on the rights of the minorities.
The following are some topics that you can present for your argumentative essay on civil rights:
- - Discuss the civil rights movements and the legislation in Mississippi that persisted between the 1950s and the 1960s.
- - Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only love is able to do that. Discuss with relation to Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement of his time.
- - Explain the role of inspirational leaders at the core of a civil rights movement, citing the success of 5 such leaders.
- - Minorities fought for equality during the years between the 1940s and 1960s. While a lot were achieved in the process, to date we still have a major disparity between the haves and the have-nots, the minority and the majority in the society. Explain why the situation is the same, just different players and times.
- - Explain the role of the Supreme Court in the civil rights movement over the years
- - Discuss how the Bill of Rights of 1791 helped clarify the rights to citizens and how this has moved on to shape the nature of the society that we live in today.
- - With respect to civil rights, discuss how the 13th, 14th, 15th and 19th Amendments of the US Constitution protect the rights of a citizen.
- - While a lot of us can claim the world has been a better place than it was in the 1950s and 1960s, we still struggle to achieve equality in the society. Activism is all over the place because of these challenges. Discuss what can be done to ensure that equality prevails.
- - With respect to civil rights, discuss some of the major challenges that we are facing in the world at the moment.
- - Explain how civil rights comes into play with the recent Supreme Court ruling about gay marriages.